Leading the Lean-Agile Software Enterprise with the Scaled Agile Framework®
During this Online three-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Associated Certification: SAFe Agilist (SA)
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply Safe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- How to use the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Create alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Explore a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Explore Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the change
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
SAFe® Certification Kit
What Attendees Get:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all three days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
About the Trainers
Dirk Holste has planned and implemented several large scale agile transformations in complex organizations based on the Scaled Agile Framework. He has worked within large scale software development organizations in various leadership roles for more than 18 years and focused on agile transformations for more than 8 years.
Colette de Graaf has more than 15 years of experience in the areas of Change Management and Process Improvement. She has helped companies in their Agile Transformations using different kind of frameworks and is a certified SAFe-SPC. She is also an experienced teacher and trainer as e.g. on Vocational University and conducting various courses and workshops.
Visa alla event