Data Warehouse Lifecycle: The Kimball Approach
Building a data warehouse is complex and challenging. This 2-day course is packed with specific techniques, guidance and advice from planning, requirements and design through architecture, ETL, and operations. It is taught through a combination of lectures, class exercises, and small group workshops.
Joy Mundy, co-author of Ralph Kimball’s best-selling books and former partner of the Kimball Group, will present the essential elements of the popular Kimball approach as described in the bestselling book, The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit (Second Edition).
Important topics include:
- The Kimball approach to data warehouse project planning and requirements gathering
- Dimensional modeling techniques to capture the most complex business rules
- A framework for creating your technical architecture
- And much more!
This course is appropriate for anyone who is launching an initiative to build a new data warehouse system, or improve an existing one. It delivers value both to beginners and to DW professionals who have completed multiple projects.
Who should attend
This course is designed for all major roles on a data warehouse project, including project managers, business analysts, data modelers, architects, and ETL or BI application designers and developers. It is valuable both for team members engaged in their first data warehouse / BI project, as well as for those who have several project under their belts and want to align their experience with the proven, Kimball method techniques.
You should be:
- Able to name and describe in a few words the main operational systems of his or her organization.
- Able to name and describe in a few words the main business concerns of the end users in his or her organization.
- Somewhat familiar with basic data modeling concepts such as referential integrity.
However, the absence of these abilities and familiarity will not keep you from profiting from the course. There is no need for any kind of preparatory DW/BI course prior to this course.
Visa alla event