Designing, Operating and Managing an Enterprise Data Lake
Learn how to govern your information across Hadoop, cloud storage, data warehouses, MDM & NoSQL Data Stores. This course looks at how to organise data to still be able to manage it in a complex data landscape. It looks at zoning, the need for collaboration between business and IT, and the use of an Information Catalog.
You will learn:
- How to define a strategy for producing trusted data as-a-service in a distributed environment of multiple data stores and data sources
- How to organize data in a centralised or distributed data environment to overcome complexity and chaos
- How to design, build, manage and operate a logical or centralised data lake within their organisation
- The critical importance of an information catalog in understanding what data is available as a service
- How data standardisation and business glossaries can help make sure data is understood
- An operating model for effective distributed information governance
- What technologies and implementation methodologies they need to get their data under control and produce ready-made trusted data products
- How to apply methodologies to get master and reference data, big data, data warehouse data and unstructured data under control irrespective of whether it be on-premises or in the cloud
Check the course details to get a complete overview, including a detailed outline. Sign up here!
Who should attend
IT directors, CIO’s, Chief Data Officers, IT Managers, BI Managers, BI Professionals, Data Warehousing Professionals, Data Integration Developers, Master Data Management Professionals, Big Data Professionals, Data Scientists, Enterprise Architects, Data Architects, Database Administrators, Compliance Managers who are responsible for data management (including metadata management, data integration, data quality, master data management and enterprise content management) and Business Data Analysts doing self-service data integration.
Instructor Mike Ferguson
Mike is Managing Director of Intelligent Business Strategies Limited. As an analyst and consultant he specialises in business intelligence and enterprise business integration. With over 35 years of IT experience, Mike has consulted for dozens of companies. He has spoken at events all over the world and written numerous articles. Mike is Chairman of Big Data LDN – the fastest growing Big Data conference in Europe, and chairman of the CDO Exchange. Formerly he was a principal and co-founder of Codd and Date Europe Limited – the inventors of the Relational Model, a Chief Architect at Teradata on the Teradata DBMS and European Managing Director of Database Associates. He teaches popular master classes in Analytics, Big Data, Data Governance & MDM, Data Warehouse Modernisation and Data Lake operations.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from an industry expert!
Welcome to this 2-day course!
Avega Group & Quest for knowledge erbjuder professionella utbildningar inom Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse.
Visa alla event