Designing, Operating and Managing an Enterprise Data Lake
Learn how to ingest, organize, discover and tag any kind of data from a data lake using a data catalog and accelerate processing to produce ready-made data in an enterprise data marketplace in order to shorten time to value in data warehousing, BI and data science.
Learn how to discover, and ingest any kind of data into a data lake, organize it, make it findable and process it to produce trusted, reusable data assets in an enterprise data marketplace to make it accessible and to shorten time to value. This 2-day course shows why a data lake is now the starting point in a data architecture, why you need a data lake to lower the cost of data integration and why you can’t do DataOps without one. It includes best practices in setting up data lake zones, streaming and file based ingestion of any kind of data, using a data catalog to automate data discovery and map what it discovers to your business glossary. It shows why a data catalog is critical, and provides best practices on collaborative pipeline development to enable rapid unified data delivery of trusted reusable data assets into an enterprise data marketplace.
You will learn:
- How to define a strategy for producing trusted data as-a-service in a distributed environment of multiple data stores and data sources
- How to organize data in a centralised or distributed data environment to overcome complexity and chaos
- How to design, build, manage and operate a logical or centralised data lake within their organisation
- The critical importance of an information catalog in understanding what data is available as a service
- How data standardisation and business glossaries can help make sure data is understood
- An operating model for effective distributed information governance
- What technologies and implementation methodologies they need to get their data under control and produce ready-made trusted data products
- Collaborative curation of trusted, ready-made data products and publishing them in a data marketplace for people to shop for data
- How to apply methodologies to get master and reference data, big data, data warehouse data and unstructured data under control irrespective of whether it be on-premises or in the cloud
- Fuelling rapid ‘last mile’ analytical development to reduce time to value
Who should attend
This course is intended for business data analysts doing self-service data integration, data architects, chief data officers, master data management professionals, database administrators, big data professionals, data integration developers, and compliance managers who are responsible for data management. This includes metadata management, data integration, data quality, master data management and enterprise content management. The course is not only for ‘Fortune 500 scale companies’ but for any organisation that has to deal with big data, small data, multiple data stores and multiple data sources.
This course assumes that you have an understanding of basic data management principles as well as a high level of understanding of the concepts of data migration, data replication, metadata, data warehousing, data modelling, data cleansing, etc.
About the instructor: Mike Ferguson
Mike is Managing Director of Intelligent Business Strategies Limited. As an analyst and consultant he specialises in business intelligence and enterprise business integration. With over 35 years of IT experience, Mike has consulted for dozens of companies. He has spoken at events all over the world and written numerous articles. Mike is Chairman of Big Data LDN – the fastest growing Big Data conference in Europe, and chairman of the CDO Exchange. Formerly he was a principal and co-founder of Codd and Date Europe Limited – the inventors of the Relational Model, a Chief Architect at Teradata on the Teradata DBMS and European Managing Director of Database Associates. He teaches popular master classes in Analytics, Big Data, Data Governance & MDM, Data Warehouse Modernisation and Data Lake operations.
Avega Group & Quest for knowledge offer professional courses within Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse.
Visa alla event